oh thank you!!!! :)
The time has come for me to finally start a blog.
And I’m going to WRITE.
And POST THINGS that are interesting and/or mildly amusing and/or inspiring to me. I think it sounds like a fantastic idea as well as a great time waster.
Cuz, to be honest, I figured, ….I’m an interesting person GOSH DARN IT and I feel like not too many people are aware of this. So I figured this could be like my little world on here. Harumph. Well anywho. Here goes nothing! First of all I well tell you all a teeny bit about myself. Although I will say I’m changing very drastically everyday, BUT a few major things stay the same. So here’s basically a little about me folks!
1. Well for starters I’m a Graphic Designer. Well, I’d like to be one someday hopefully. But I’m not too worried about it I just go with the flow. Whatever happens happens!
2. I’m really into art in general. I like to make things. Things that are pretty. I still believe in aesthetic art. And that’s okay. You know WHY? Because it can still make you feel things and THINK things and triggers thoughts even if all it really is is …beautiful. And fyi, people BUY that stuff. Big bucks. (people who may or may not be really artsy-fartsy but who just love things that are pretty).
One of my favorite quotes is “I want to make things that are beautiful, even if no one cares.” - Saul Bass.
I run a little Etsy shop where I mostly sell my journals that I make. http://www.etsy.com/shop/oliveena But I have ideas for many other things too. It’s not impressive as of right now but it WILL BE, just you wait. So stay tuned for that.
3. I’m hugely and extremely fascinated by Marie Antoinette and also France. The two obsessions sort of go together. I’m talking, HUGE FAN. Like, this is number 3 guys… It’s kind of a big deal… So. Yeah.
4. I’m also really a huge fan of Kanye West. I love him as an artist more than a rapper. My favorite album is probably a tie between My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy and 808’s and Heartbreak. If you’ve never had a listen, please do. Just make sure when you listen to it it’s very LOUD. This is important. Music is only good if it is really loud.
5. I believe in God. This too is very important but I don’t like to tell people right off the bat for several reasons. 1) People are VERY quick to judge Christians whether they notice it or not. Often these judgements come from people’s own interpretations, preconceptions, assumptions, stereotypes, WHATEVER. 2) This is the internet. Some people reading this may know me personally, but most don’t.
If you would like to know more about WHY I’m a Christian please ask me!! I love to talk about this stuff. And if I don’t have an answer to your question I usually seek answers elsewhere.
6. Well, what else can I say? A few other things you should know about me is that I’m a hopeless romantic, and a very, very passionate person. Usually very opinionated but never outspoken. I have a good eye. I love watching movies. I’m weird. I want to travel. A lot. I would rather travel to many places in my lifetime than have kids. So I just might do that for awhile. I have thought about living in France. I really want to get married. Hopefully soon. I think a lot. Probably way too much. I’m always thinking. And that’s basically the main reason why I wanted to start this whole thing. So I can share with the world my thoughts!
One of my favorite lines from Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland:
“In another moment down went Alice after it, never once considering how in the world she was to get out again.”
I think I am definitely like Alice in some way… ;)